My friend made application for naturalization but it was denied as he had stayed abroad for more than 6 months.
Previously he stayed in Germany for 15 years with permanent resident. Once he returned his residence was started from the beginning by the Auslander behorde.

He applied for naturalization but it was denied because he had stayed outside Germany for more than 6 months.
He argued with  Authority that according to 12B nr 2 even though he stayed abroad for reasons that are not temporary in nature he was allowed to claim up to a maximum of 5 previous years if it's towards naturalization.
The authorities asked what was the reason for non temporary interruptions.
Are family problems back home enough reason for non temporary interruptions?
Should he just be given the years back as long he had permanent residence?

Nationality act section 12b
[Interruptions of residence]

(2) If the foreigner has resided abroad for more than six months for a reason of a non-temporary nature, the previous period of residence in Germany may be counted towards the duration of residence which is necessary for the purposes of naturalization, up to a period of five years.
closed with the note: Questions are getting closed after a year of no interaction.
asked Oct 19, 2020 in Legal advice by Pan 123
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,377 questions
5,231 answers
137,349 users