Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I have duldung since 2018 . I am  studying in Hoschschul ,BSc .Ausländerbehörde did not give me a Ausbildung duldung . I am in 7th Semester , what can i do for finish my study and after study can i get visa or not ?
asked Oct 19 in Asylum proceedings by parekh2111

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @parekh,

Thanks for reaching out to the wefugees-community!

If I understand your question correctly you are asking about ways to move from the status of Duldung to a residence permit which provides better oppurtunities for your life in Germany.

Based on the limited information I have on the nature of your case (there are eleven different types of Duldung at the moment) I will answer to your question in a general manner. In order to move from a Duldung to a residence permit there are a couple of residence permits that might apply to you if you meet their requirements:

  1. If you found a job in your field of study (B.Sc.) you could be working as a qualified worker and might get a residence permit according to §19d AufenthG.
  2. If you are hindered to leave Germany by reasons beyond your control and these circumstances are unlikely to change in the next months (not by your own fault for example by disguising your identity), then you can get a residence permit after 18 months (§25 Abs.5 AufenthG).
  3. If your kids are in German school or vocational training for at least four years and you are not dependent on welfare you might get a residence permit according to §25a AufenthaltsG.
  4. If you have been living in Germany for more than eight years, secure your own living mostly independently and you are wholly integrated in German society (German sklills necessary) you might get a residence permit according to § 25b AufenthG. A subform of this residence permit is granted to migrants who have a Duldung according to §60b and have been living in Germany for 30 months and have minor kids in the german school system (§25b Abs.6).

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:

Best regards,

your mbeon-Rukundo

answered Oct 21 by Mbeon-Rukundo
3,404 questions
4,174 answers
135,033 users