Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I made an antrag für Aufenthaltskarte gmäß § 5 Abs.1 FreizüG/ EU in 15 Januar 2020 and they still didn't send any desicion .I have only a white paper as Aufentaltsbescheinigung which is valid for 6 month . Last week they sent me an email to ask me if me or my husband have any other adress in Germany and I wrote them back beign honest that my husband have one NebenWohnung in Muchen because of his work and that we already have from the begining declared, he is on wait to get a job transfer to come in Frankfurt .Would that be a problem now because he is living in Munchen and comes only on weekends in Frankfurt ?
asked Oct 2, 2020 in Legal advice by

Hello and thank you for your question. If you like you can give yourself a username which would enable us to link you in the respective responses. Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with EU law. I will link two of our MBE experts here - dear @mbe-on_Zsigó or @mbeon-fardeen, can you give any information on the EU/freedom of movement regulations? 

All the best, 


Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes


thanks for sharing your question with the Wefugees Community. 

I think the following should be the case, why they want information about your other adresses.

For the Foreigners Office it is important to know, where you and your husband are mainly registered because based on Artikel 5. Section 2 of the law of Free Movement of Union Citizens, for the credibility of the information, which the Foreigners Office have gotten from you and your husband, they can contact the Registration Office, where you are mainly registererd, and ask them to send for Foreigners Office the necessary information about you and your husband if the Registration Office has'nt already sent them anything.

Here is also the Link for the article of the law about it in German:

It ist also important to know, where you and your husband are mainly registered, because based on that it will be decided which Foreigners Office is responsible for your case.

Actually, based on the abovementioned article of the law, after you have submitted all the necessary documents for your case, the Foreigners Office should give you within 6 Months a residence card for five years. I don’t know what might have been the hindrance in your case, either the corona crises/your uncompletet necessary documents or the problem about the registration.

Anyhow, if you need further assisstance, you can download the following App and get in touch with one of our consultants in Frankfurt or with me in Munich so that we can help you with that.

I hope my answer was useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I‘ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Herr Noori“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can wiretap messages. Further information:

With kind regards, 

Fardeen Noori

answered Oct 7, 2020 by mbeon-fardeen
Many thanks for your super quick reply and very valuable information dear @mbeon-fardeen! :-)
You are welcome dear @Meike!
3,491 questions
4,241 answers
135,213 users