Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

First of all, my apologies to knock on this German website while I, as a non-EU citizen married to Hungarian female, am seeking a help for Hungarian cases. I just couldn't  find any useful information on this issue on Hungarian expats websites, forums, communities, etc.

I married her in 2015 and lived together in South Korea and Hungary since then. It's been more than 2 years living with her in a joint address in Hungary. Now, unfortunately, she's going to file for a divorce soon for her personal reason (She's completely opposed to having a child with not only me but anybody else). We will file for the divorce by 'mutual consent'.

My current Hungarian residence permit expires in November 2022.

My question is: Do you happen to hear any advice if a non-EU spouse can apply for an independent residence permit after divorce in Hungary? Am I eligible for the independent residence permit? If so, could you be so kind as to give me some advice on how to file for the 'independent residence permit'?

Thank you so much in advance.
asked Oct 1, 2020 in Legal advice by daeholee

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3,781 questions
4,522 answers
135,939 users