Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am a masters student in Würzburg studying Social work with refugees and migrants while my finance is an undergraduate student in Schweinfurt, I have been in Germany for 1year and hw has been in Germany for 2yrs . We have two kids before coming to Germany as students. But we didnt inform the embassy about the kids. We miss them alot and we want to have them beside us, How can we bring our kids? Is it possible that my boyfriend visa can be changed to family reunion visa when we bring the kids?  So that he can be working full time while i and the kids continue studying?
asked Sep 19, 2020 in Legal advice by Fobellah

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Faobellah,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community..

As a student, you also have the option of allowing your children to enter Germany as part of family reunification For this you have to make an application at the foreign office in your hometown. For more informations you can also look on the homepage from the German embassy in your homecountry . and read which papers are necessary.

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again or my colleagues with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and we’ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. In the mbeon-app you’ll get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For Further information please visit
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor


answered Sep 24, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
3,672 questions
4,419 answers
135,663 users