Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
If someone is raising kids inside Germany and holding duldung can he apply family reunion inside Germany?
He holds sorgerecht for the kids
asked Sep 1, 2020 in Legal advice by Pan 123

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear Pan 123,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

If someone holds a Duldung and wants to relocate within Germany, he/she will need to hand in a so-called "Umverteilungsantrag" at the local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde). It is not easy to get the permission at the end and both immigration offices (the sending and the receiving) need to approve. However, a family unification might be a strong reason.

I hope this helps and all the best,

answered Sep 4, 2020 by Meike
Thankyou for the answer  but he was already transfered to his family members and they staying together.

He was told by the Auslander behorde to apply family reunion visa.

Does it mean he has to leave the country and apply at the embassy or can apply at the Auslanderbehorde?
@pan 123 but family reunion visa is done outside Germany.  But bro why they told him to apply for family reunion visa? They rejected his resident application? I am still waiting for the reply for my permit, i also have a German child... I just pray they don't tell me to apply for family reunion visa because I was illegal for a year in Deutschland when my asyl finished
He was told to apply apply family reunion
He just applied resident permit and waiting for reply.

Fo you have have duldung and did they ask you to apply for family reunion?
@ Pan 123, they have not reply me since my lawyer apply for the permit, my lawyer applied for the permit  since  June.. Though my woman called them this week, they said they have decided about it but they will forward their decision to my lawyer, they didn't tell my woman anything since we have a lawyer and my duldung will expire on Monday, the woman at ausländerbehörde told my woman that I should put the Duldung in her post box, they will either send me renew duldung or they will inform my lawyer.. I don't really know what she mean by that because I have applied for the permit
@Pan 123 when your friend apply for the permit, how long did they reply him?
He has a duldung till end of september.
The auslander behorde  called his lawyer and requested him to go home and apply family union and his refused.
He had not applied for the residence but did it last week even though they said they wont give him.
You are in which city?
@Pan 123 I am in Nordrhein-Westfalen.. Ask your friend well if his lawyer apply for resident permit, its strange that he didn't apply, if he didn't apply, why they tell him to go and come back with family reunion visa? Its strange.. It suppose to be, when you apply and they reject it, they will tell you to go and come with family reunion visa....
He has been holding duldung for almost 10 months.
He thought that they will give him the residence automatically because of the German child but last week he applied and waiting for the response
3,665 questions
4,416 answers
135,625 users