Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Is it possible to directly go for Msc after doing 3 year dual ausbildung in health and studies? Does university accepts application for Msc from students having a background in nursing? An elaborated answer would be appreciated!
asked Aug 19 in Education by Sidra
reshown Aug 24 by Sidra

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Sidra

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

In general, to be accepted in a Master's programme you need to have a Bachelor degree. But I am also not very familiar with health trainings/education programmes in Germany. Maybe you can share the programme you are interested in and we check together for the requirements? 

I will also link @mbeon-Christine here, as she is very knowledgeable in education topics. Maybe she can give some advice or more information. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 21 by Meike
I am looking forward to do in Neuroscience.
0 votes

Hallo @ Sidra,

in order to enrol for an M.Sc. in Neuroscience you'll need a Bachelor degree in a related field, e.g. in medicine, pychology, biology or even linguistics, depending on the design of the study course. 

I found an English-instructed programme at the University of Oldenburg, which requires a Bachelor's degree in the fields of neuroscience, biology, or in another related field (e.g., psychology) or in natural sciences and mathematics (e.g., engineering, informatics). 

You will find the full information here:

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my location „München” and then my name “Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards


answered Aug 24 by mbeon-Christine
Many thanks for your helpful reply, dear @mbeon-Christine! Best, Meike
Thank you ! I think my doubts are cleared now.
I have one more question related to the previous one. Although, I dont hold a degree, therefore, is it possible that this particular university would consider an application from matured students? I hold a B.A degree in Political Science (HONS.). At the moment I am doing my ausbildung in Nursing. Is it Possible that I can hold a double degree, by going back to uni again to pursue a B.SC in Biology? In order to do a , therefore, I need to have a degree in either of this subject. Awaiting your reply!
Now ,is it visible to you?
0 votes
Hello again @Sidra, it is possible to go back to university to do a B.Sc. in biology first. However, if your first BA in politics is recognised here, it might be considered as a second degree course, so you should ask the student advisory service about the potential fees. Best regards mbeon-Christine
answered Aug 26 by mbeon-Christine
Thank you for your kind reply.Actually, I already received my recognition of my previous qualification from Dusseldorf.
3,349 questions
4,115 answers
134,936 users