Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi I am a asylum seeker and a self employed.can some one tell me about how many pension for self employed I must give and get a permanent residence.
asked Jun 10, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Sofia waqas
Please see partial answer below.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello again @Sofia waqas,

thank you for new question.
We need some clarification here.
Asylum seekers are generally not allowed to work self-employed - so the questions here are whether you have been granted asylum in the meantime.  Or did you have have any other resident status in the past that might rectify this exemption from the rule?
There is no direct way from seeking asylum to a permanent residence permit. You will have to take the diversion of  being granted asylum or another form of protection status first. It depends on the then acquired status how many years you'll have wait until you can apply for a permanent residence permit. As a recognised refugee you will be granted a settlement permit after three years, if you're linguistically (=B1 language certificate + naturalisation test) and economically (= independence of social benefits) integrated. In all other cases the waiting period is eight years, but it can be reduced if you show up with further integration efforts (voluntary commitment, B2- or C1-certificate). The minimum time for paying social insurance contributions is 36 months for well integrated recognised refugees and 60 months for all others. During these months, the amount is not crucial. What counts, is the fact that you have been paying amounts during this period at all. What finally matters is the following: At the time of applying for a permanent residence permit, even better at least three months before, your income and the subsequent contributions to social insurance should be sufficient to prove you'll be able to live here without social benefits.

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit
Download for Android:
Download for iOS:

Best regards
answered Jun 10, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Thank you so much for you are reply me and give me ur time.i have a aufenthalt for 5 years and 8 years in deutschland and I am a self employed now 4 years finish this month I am applying for the permanent residence permit that's why I am confius for much rupees must I give every month then a I get a permanent residence permit.
3,621 questions
4,347 answers
135,532 users