Hello wefugees team,
Please I have a friend who has resident permit under Para.25 Abs 2 like me and now I has been asked by the ausländerbehorde to bring 6 months paid statements from his work,  his house contract and German language certificate A2 for permanent resident permit but the same ausländerbehorde office today has asked me to bring house contract, German language  certificate B1 and to all I have to work 5 years in Germany apart from me been here for 6 years. Which I am a bit confused because the same office can't request for different things for the permanent resident permit and we are all using the same status Paragraph 25 Abs 2 . Please  is there any advice on what to do? . Thanks
asked Feb 18, 2020 in Legal advice by Denny28 | 705 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello, thank you very much for your request. I am a consultant at mbeon and migration con-sulting and I hope I can help you with my answer. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. Further information: ***.mbeon.de.

If you have had a residence permit for five years, you can obtain a settlement permit under certain conditions. You and your friend must meet the following conditions for the settlement permit, which I will briefly list. For married couples, it is sufficient for one person to meet all the requirements.

For more information, you can contact a migration advisory service in your area:

own livelihood security, ( no social benefits, child and parental benefits etc. do not count as social benefits)

60 months of paying pension insurance contributions (periods of childcare or home care also count) You do not have to prove that you have an adequate pension if you were already in possession of a residence permit or residence authorisation before 01. 01. 2005.

It is sufficient if one spouse has paid the insurance premiums. Then the other spouse can also receive the settlement permit.

No offences

sufficient living space

Adequate knowledge of the German language (proof, for example, of attendance at an integration course) You must basically have sufficient knowledge of German and basic knowledge of the legal and social system and living conditions in Germany. This is proven by successful participation in an integration course.

Important exception: If you were already in possession of a residence permit or residence authorization before 01. 01. 2005, it is basically only necessary that you can communicate in German in a simple way.

I hope my answers were helpful. For more information, you are welcome to contact a migration advisory centre near you.

Best regards,

your mbeon advisor

Here are some important links:



answered Feb 19, 2020 by mbeon-caritas
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,137 questions
6,114 answers
139,113 users