Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
How  can I get my permanent resident permit with pa.31 aufenG
asked Jun 5 in Legal advice by GloryBest

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @GloryBest,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

When I am not mistaken, you can apply for the permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) after 5 years of having a temporary residence permit in Germany (i.e. §30/§31 AufenthG). Additionally, you have to be independent from social benefits and need to prove a sufficient level of German. For more details and the full list of prerequisites please have a look at, for instance, this website (explaining about the application process in Berlin though). 

Am I right on this, dear @mbeon-Bernd or @mbeon-Ruth?

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 5 by Meike
3,113 questions
3,881 answers
134,438 users