Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
British citizens here in Germany here and I have the vatershaft and custody now I have gotten negative for my asylum and I don't know how I should apply for duldung and should I quote law in the foreign office for them to give me the duldung or they automatically know about the decision for my asylum and they will give me duldung just like that?
asked May 8 in Asylum proceedings by Yaba

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Yaba,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us!

If you are a British citizen you will be treated as EU citizen until the end of 2020. Please see this website of the German Ministry of Interior for more details. There are much easier ways for you to get a residence and work permit in Germany than applying for asylum, and it is of course also not surprising that your application got rejected (EU countries are seen as safe countries). You will find information of the freedom of movement for EU-citizens here. Asking for a Duldung is for sure not the best option!

Secondly, you were mentioning a child. Is your child German? As parent of a German child (under 18), having the custody etc., another alternative could be applying for the residence permit according to §28 of the German residence law.

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


P.S.: I saw that you opened another thread with the same content. In order to keep information in one place and a better overview, I closed that one. I hope this is okay for you.

answered May 12 by Meike
sorry I meant I'm not a British citizen I am from west Africa and my girlfriend is from Britain and she has been living and working here for the 2years my both kids are holding a British citizen and one of them was born here and I have the vatershaft and custody.
3,186 questions
3,954 answers
134,609 users