So, I am 42 and would like a career change and settling in Germany afterwards. I would like to apply for Masters degree, but my passion is do do Ausbildung in Elderly Care Nursing, or Social Work. I would like to apply for student visa for Masters degree because I stand better chance of Visa, but I want to change to Ausbildung after I arrive. Is change possible with new law? Is Ausbildung realistic at my age, in terms of getting a place? I am currently doing B1 German and hope to have B2 by August 2020.
asked Apr 4, 2020 in Education by Siku | 406 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello again @Siku,

thank you for sharing your question with us.

As nursing is a so called bottleneck profession, you always stand a good chance to get a place in one of the schools. A change is possible under the new law. As soon as you get a contract from a school, you can apply for a visa according to § 16 a sentence 2 Residence Act. Triennial nursing schools start 1st of September. Your application for a visa according to § 16 is possible six month before the beginning of your training in school, not earlier (otherwise you would have to apply for the visa in your home country).

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit ***.mbeon.de.

Download for Android: https://play.google.***/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon

Download for iOS: https://apps.apple.***/de/app/mbeon-messengerberatung/id1408795643

Best regards


answered Apr 6, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,013 questions
5,977 answers
138,972 users