Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am from Pakistan and living in Germany since 2017. I am doing a job and a blue cardholder. My fiance (Pakistani) lives in the Czech Republic and did a Masters in Management and Business. Now she is finding a job and have a job search visa only for 3 months. We have a plan to marry here in Europe and start the process of a spouse visa in Germany. My question is how her visa will be changed from a job search visa to a spouse visa and if her's visa is expiring in a meanwhile time then how she can stay with me?
asked Mar 29, 2020 in Legal advice by raoengr786

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @roengr786,

thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

The job seekers visa cannot be extended, but changed into a work permit if your wife finds work here. This would be simply the best solution to your problem. A job seekers visa cannot be changed into a visa for immigration of a spouse.

Spousal reunification is subject to the following conditions:

  • Both spouses must be at least 18 years of age.
  • As a general rule, as a spouse coming to Germany for the purposes of family reunification, you must be able to make yourself understood in everyday German on a simple level. You can learn the language in Germany in exceptional cases.
  • Adequate accommodation must be available.
  • Your livelihood must be ensured. This means that the person who is already in Germany must have sufficient income so that the couple will not need to apply for any social welfare benefits if the person coming to Germany does not yet have a job.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can wiretap messages. Further information:

Best regards


answered Mar 30, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
3,663 questions
4,407 answers
135,623 users