Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I just received new transfer to small Wohnung from social office. However there are little more things to buy sich as bed, kitchen equipment. I am happy to buy used equipments. However may I know of I can get small contribution from DRK, Diakonie, AWO, Caritas...etc
asked Mar 12, 2020 in Information & Offers by Kaiser

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear Kaiser,

thank you for sharing your question with the wefugees community. If you rely on social grants, the respective office (Jobcenter if you are a recognized refugee or Sozialamt when you are still in the Asylum process or having Duldung) is responsible to support you with either money or equipment (depending on the office/ area you are staying in) if you haven't received money for furniture/kitchen equipment  in the past. It's the governments job to provide you with these necessities, so ask for it (It's only done by application (Antrag). Nevertheless, you are free to ask welfare organisations like DRK, Diakonie, AWo, Caritas, too,..



I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:

answered Mar 13, 2020 by Marco_MBE
0 votes
Iam not recognize refugee. Hence Social office not providing apart from Fridge, washing machine..basic needs etc. Any NGO I can get help yo buy small things
answered Mar 16, 2020 by Kaiser
3,847 questions
4,615 answers
136,127 users