I was sent to Horst late 2015, in between 2016 I left my residing address where I was posted to due to negative impact of my asylum, my case representatives sent me a letter asking me to live Germany, to Czech Republic due to the Dublin Law, meanwhile I never seen asylum in Czech Republic before entering Germany, but my tourist visa was issued by their consulate in my home country. 

I never returned back to my reside address because I was in fear of being sent back to my country. 

I met my German girlfriend and we have been together all this while for the past 4 years, gracefully we recently had a child, and I have been able to get the vaterschaftsanerkennung and sorgerecht done which we both share the same custody of our child together.

I hired a lawyer to re-work on my previous asylum case for me to be able to obtain my residence permit to be able to work and support my fiancée and our child.

The ausländerbehörde in Neubrandenburg was in charge of my asylum case, so they issued an appointment time for me to be at the behörde, I went there and the person in charge of my case asked for my child birth certificate and my passport but i didn’t hand in my passport but I did gave them my child birth certificate. The representative issued a duldung with 3 month visa with a vertical red line between the edges with a new camp address, and the representative told me not to leave the camp to visit my new family, which I think is not fair because my girlfriend needs my help in taking care of our child as the child is only 3 months old and she has to work and go to university through out the week. 

I kindly need your advice, am in fear of being sent back to my country without being able to be with my new family, and is it advisable for me to give my passport to the ausländerbehörde ?

asked Mar 6, 2020 in Legal advice by Kingsley | 776 views

Dear @Kingsley

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your situation with us. 

Your case seems to be very complicated indeed. 

You came to the EU with a Schengen visa issued by the Czech Republic and applied for asylum in Germany. The German authorities wanted to send you back to the Czech Republic due to the Dublin regulation. But in the meantime you became father of a German child. 

Do I understand you correctly, that your lawyer still wants to continue the asylum procedure? Are you still working with him, or why are there open questions on how you need to proceed? 

To be honest, I don't know any recommendations for know. But I will link two of our wonderful experts here. @mbeon-caritas or @MBEon-Sophie, do you maybe have any advice or idea for Kingsley? 

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any clarifications or updates. 

All the best, 


Hallo Mr Kingsley I have a similar case to your own please how do you go about it? Did you finally use a lawyer or you did it alone? Please share your advice and remain blessed...hope to hear from you soon

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Many thanks for your inquiry. I would also like to advise you to get advice from your lawyer again. A lawyer is a good point of contact, especially for Asyl / Duldung / residence permits. Pro Asyl or a counseling center near you are also contact points. I wish you and your little family all the best. Your advisor mbeon-caritas
answered Mar 23, 2020 by mbeon-caritas
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,256 questions
6,245 answers
139,248 users