can separating(we are not married) with my boyfriend have any effect of renewal in the future? we live together I have a resident permit under 28 abs.1 s.1 nr.3 and we share custody. Thanks
asked Apr 7, 2020 in Legal advice by Grace

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes

Hello @Grace,

thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees community.

Your residence permit will be extended as long as your child and you live together in a common household and you take care of her/him. So maybe some practical questions arise about this. If so, please contact us again.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. 
mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name München, Frau Müller and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards


answered Apr 7, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Dear @mbeon-Christine, I think we were answering the question at the same time. But as far as I can see, our answers are matching :-) All the best, Meike
0 votes

Dear @Grace

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

As your residence permit is related to your German child you are taking care of, a separation from your partner should not have an influence on the extension until the child turns 18 years. By then, you should have applied, for example, for a permanent residence permit. 

Do you agree @manrhei-mbeon or @mbeon-caritas

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Apr 7, 2020 by Meike
0 votes
Dear Grace,

I agree with the informations, you have a resident permit as a mother of a german child up  to his age of 18 years.

Best regards

answered Apr 7, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
Dear @manrhei-mbeon, Many thanks for your immediate reply! :-) Best, Meike
I would like to thank you all for your time and the quick response.
I can totally agree with my colleagues. Later it is important to apply for your own residence Permit!
best regards, mbeon-caritas
Many thanks also to you @mbeon-caritas and Happy Easter days! :-) Best, Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,360 questions
5,219 answers
137,288 users