Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi there. My name is Abdul. I have been given deportation ban and soon I will be getting my aufenthalt card but I don't have a passport of my country and I cannot apply for it for my safety reasons. I have asked foreign office to issue me a grey passport for travel but they said that I am not a qualified person for that. I also read from your website that person with national ban on deportation can apply for a Gray pass as travel substitute, please help as I am confused and I don't know what to say to foreign office. Thanks
asked Mar 3, 2020 in Legal advice by Tiger

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Basit,

As a person who is residing in Germany due to a national ban on deportation, you must apply for the travel document for foreigners and stateless persons ("Grey Passport" or "Grauer Pass") at your Immigration Office. You will need to prove to the authorities that it is not likely or feasible for you to obtain a passport from your home country.

If your proofs are accepted, the office will issue the the travel document.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room, where nobody can wiretap messages. More

Best regards



answered Mar 3, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
3,899 questions
4,669 answers
136,230 users