Can I travel to Africa for national deportan ban?
And how long can it take my appeal answer in the court?
Thank you very much for your help wefugees team
asked Jan 15, 2019 in Legal advice by Mahamed | 1,274 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Mahamed,

Thank you for reaching out to the community again and sorry for the wait!

As Denny explained to you on the other thread, you would have a national deportation ban status if your appeal gets rejected. 

If you wonder what legal rights you would have with the national deportation ban status, have a **** at this website from BAMF: ****://***.bamf.de/EN/Fluechtlingsschutz/AblaufAsylv/Schutzformen/AbschiebungsV/abschiebungsverbot-node.html

Regarding your question if you can travel, here is a helpful paragraph from the queerrefugeeswelcome website: 

"If you do not have a passport from your home country, you will be issued with a substitute identification document alongside the residence title card. But you cannot use it to travel abroad. If you have made every effort to obtain a passport issued by your home country but were unsuccessful, you can obtain a German travel document for foreigners from the German immigration authority. You can use it to travel abroad."

Source: https://***.queerrefugeeswelcome.de/your-rights/after-recognition/national-ban-deportation

Here is some more information regarding the appeal process - as Denny mentioned before, it can take some time and it is hard to say how long exactly: ****://***.bamf.de/EN/Fluechtlingsschutz/AblaufAsylv/Rechtsmittel/rechtsmittel-node.html

Let us know if you need any further assistance and feel free to use our comment function below the answer! That way, the conversation stays on the thread and is easier to follow for everyone :-) 

All the best,


answered Jan 21, 2019 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,259 questions
6,259 answers
139,249 users