Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi, i am from Pakistan. I have italian normal residence card. I want to marry with moroccon girl. Moroccon girl live with 3 month study visa. Is it possible we marry and get german family residence card? Thanks
asked Feb 22, 2020 in Legal advice by Khan78

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello, thank you very much for your request. I am a consultant at mbeon and migration con-sulting and I hope I can help you with my answer. For more information, you are welcome to contact a migration advisory centre near you. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Further information:

Your question is not easy to answer, as there are several conditions to be met. And probably your love will be put to the test of patience. If your girlfriend did not enter the country with a visa for marriage, difficulties are to be expected when the (Ausländerbehörde) registration office issues a residence permit for the purpose of spouse reunion. Therefore, please visit a counselling centre near you.

Furthermore I can give you the following information about the marriage:

The registry Offices (Standesamt) are responsible for marriage.

No legal impediments to marriage may arise from the respective home law of the foreign partner or the foreign partner. A certificate of no impediment is required (Ehefähigkeitszeugnis). The conditions for marriage under the law of the home country must be fulfilled. Foreign documents often also need to be authenticated by the competent foreign authority (apostille) or for  the home country (le-galisation).

If in doubt, ask a competent lawyer, registrar (Standesamt) or the relevant authorities such as embassies or offices for the exact conditions.

And about the stay permit:

If you have a stay with “soggiornante di lungo periodo -- CE"; from Italy, you can apply for the unlimited permit for permanent residence -EU in Germany after five years of stay in Germany. In this case, the permit for permanent residence -EU in the first Member State (here Italy) expires.

In principle, spouses have the possibility to accompany third-country nationals to Germany. This requires sufficient living space and a secure livelihood. The person who is already in Germany must already have a valid residence permit.

Link for more information:

Best regards,

your mbeon advisor mbeon-caritas

answered Feb 26, 2020 by mbeon-caritas
3,705 questions
4,453 answers
135,799 users