I am studying in Italy and I have a residence permit from Italy. I want to work as a Working Student in Germany for at least 6 months and 20/h weekly. This is a student work position. Can I enter Germany with my residence permit from Italy and apply for a Residence Permit in Germany? Or should I have a visa first and then apply for a residence permit in Germany? I would like to know if I can work in a student job in Germany with my Italian Residence Permit.
asked Jun 7, 2023 in Work by meyercan | 829 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @meyercan

If you have permanent EU residency in Italy (this is called ‘soggiornante di lungo period – CE o UE’), you can enter Germany and apply for a residence permit here.

If you have any other type of permit, you have to first get a visa from the German embassy in Italy.

It is not clear to me what you mean by coming to work as a working student to Germany. To work part-time as a student in Germany, you need to be studying here. Do you intend to continue your studies or do an exchange semester in Germany? Then you need to apply for a student visa from the embassy.

Here's the information from the website (in Italian) about the requirements for a study visa:




answered Jun 15, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,132 questions
6,106 answers
139,112 users