Where can a German citizen who reside abroad (London) get his/her get Cert of no Impediment, I reside in Cyprus, my Fiance is German citizen, she lives in London,we wish to tie the knot in Cyprus ..she called home (Germany)and the issued her the cert which says she is single until 2018 she left Germany to reside in London, she want a current Cert she contacted the German Embassy in London,the said the are not responsible for issuing the cert .. We don't know how she can get up to date , she has never been married before, we need help
asked Feb 8, 2020 in How can I help? by Ibezim | 440 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Ibezim,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question!

As German citizen planning to marry abroad, you can apply for the certificate of no impediment ("Ehefähigkeitszeugnis") in the registry office ("Standesamt"), which is responsible for the area of your current or last official address in Germany. You can also apply in a written form. If you have never been registered in Germany, one certain Standesamt in Berlin is responsible.

Please see this website for details and the required documents.

I hope this helps.

All the best,


answered Feb 14, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,128 questions
6,092 answers
139,110 users