Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am ilyas ahmad .I live in Germany since 4 years .I have ausbildung and for 3 years I have dulddung but since 3 years I am together with my girlfriend. And we want married .can we do here .she is german national
asked Jan 29 in Legal advice by Ilyas Ahmad

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Ilyas Ahmad,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your question.

Marrying in Germany is a quite popular and much discussed topic on this platform. Therefore, we published a blog, which provides infos on the procedure and the required documents. Please follow the link accordingly.

As you have a legal residence in Germany (an "Ausbildungsduldung", I assume?), once you hold all the necessary documents, marrying a German citizen should not be an issue for you.

Would you agree @mbeon-Bernd or @mbe-on_Zsigó?

I hope this helps and please feel free to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 29 by Meike
3,353 questions
4,124 answers
134,939 users