Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am an Italian refugee and my girlfriend is a German, if we get married in Italy can we present our marriage certificate in Germany  since I want to move in  with her?
asked Jan 16, 2020 in Legal advice by Rahman

Dear @Rahman

Thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees community. 

I saw your second thread you opened yesterday with a similar content. In order to keep information in one place and as transparent as possible, I will close that one. I hope this is okay for you. 

I am sure, that one of our experts will get back to you soon. In the meantime, you may want to have a look at questions around marrying in Italy, which were discussed on this platform before (See for example:

As far as I see, marrying in Italy will be a better option for you both. If you are still in the asylum procedure in Italy (are you?), you are probably not allowed to travel. If you get officially married in Italy, German authorities will accept that certificate also. But to assess your case better, some more details might also be helpful. 

All the best, 


Please log in or register to answer this question.

3,491 questions
4,244 answers
135,218 users