asked Jan 28, 2018 in Legal advice by S

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello @S and welcome to our community!

Both of you need to hand in a valid ID or passport at the Italian registry office along with a birth certificate, a certificate of no impediment and maybe some other documents too. Get in contact with the civil registrar (“ufficiale di stato civile”) where you want to get married to find out what documents exactly you need. You can also ask them about the duration of the whole procedure. They will be able to give you the most exact information.

We had a similar question here on the website recently. Please check out the information provided here:

Unfortunately I can’t tell you whether your documents will be sufficient to prove that you are single or not. Once again it probably makes sense to just ask the civil registrar and explain the dilemma you are facing. Or Maybe @Marcel or @Steven have an idea on how to tackle the issue.

Best regards,
answered Jan 31, 2018 by Thor
Dear Thorgen,
Thank you very much!
Your very kind I really appreciated your help
Wish you all the best in your life!
Dear @S - thanks a lot for the kind words! :) I'm really glad that my answer was helpful to you. Best regards, Thorgen
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,378 questions
5,232 answers
137,356 users