Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
My name is Farzook I am from Pakistan and I applied asylum in italy I am refugee my girlfriend is from Scotland and she wanna marry with me how it works please help me
asked Dec 21, 2017 in Legal advice by Fari
Waiting of your reply

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Hello @Fari

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community!

You are still in the asylum process and therefore you probably can't leave the country. That's why your girlfriend most likely has to come over from Scotland in order to marry you in Italy.

We had a question that was quite similar to yours here on the platform recently. Please check out the information provided here:

In addition you can read through this website that contains quite a lot of interesting information about marriage in Italy. It gives a more detailed overview of the documents you need to hand in than the answer linked above:

I'll give you a summary of the most important points here real quick:

You have to hand in all required documents, that have to be translated into Italian and certified by an Italian Consular Officer.

These documents are:

- your passport
- your birth certificate
- a divorce certificate ("sentenza di divorzio") (if you were married before)
- or certificate of death (if you were married before and your partner died)
- and, if one or both of you is underage, a sworn statement of consent to the marriage by the parents or legal guardians.

It also says that you need the "inevitable fiscal stamp", but I didn't quite get what that is.

To get more detailed information about the procedure and the requirements, it's probably best to get in touch with the Italian registry office that you want to get married at.

Best regards,
answered Jan 8, 2018 by Thor
3,663 questions
4,412 answers
135,623 users