Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello sir ,  I am from India. I need your help with some information.
I have girlfriend in Germany. She lives in Arnsberg, near to Dortmund. Due to some health condition she can't work.
She lives on by government aid, She gets 400 euro per month from government. She got living place from government.
I am 33 and she is 38 years old. I am living in India. She is not able to travel to India.
I wanna marry her and stay with her in Germany, please help me , how to get married , as par my knowledge on
tourist visa , its not possible to get married
asked Nov 23, 2019 in Legal advice by gdjaidev

Dear @gdjaidev

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your question! 

In order to understand the situation better, may I ask if your girlfriend is a German citizen, a citizen from another EU country or from a third country? 

In case she is not from an EU country, her residence status might also be relevant. 

Please feel free to get back to us! 

Kind regards, Meike

She is German born. She is having German citizenship by birth

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello dear ,

In order for you to come in Germany your girlfriend must have a full time job or to prove that she can support you and her financially , because even if you somehow get married she doesn't grant you the stay permit here until she fullfill those criterias   .It is same process if you marry in India or you marry in Germany .What i suggest you to do is to find a job in Germany and you come here with work visa then it would be so easy for you later to marry your girlfriend .

I wish you the best
answered Nov 23, 2019 by
3,781 questions
4,522 answers
135,939 users