Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Good day mr or mis. am Christopher, can i get married to germany woman in Germany with a Italian subsidiary protection?
asked Oct 18, 2019 in Legal advice by buchio

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @buchio,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your question with us!

As marriage is a much discussed topic on this platform, we wrote a blog describing the process, required documents etc. to get married in Germany. 

If I understand your situation correctly, you should be allowed to travel to Germany (and to any other country of the Schengen-zone) for up to 90 days, as long as you have a valid travel document. Please see this thread for more details. 

If you can provide all required documents it should not be a big issue to travel to Germany for the marriage, from my perspective. In the aftermath, you may want to apply for a spouse-visa for Germany.

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further question.

All the best,


answered Oct 18, 2019 by Meike
3,964 questions
4,735 answers
136,343 users