Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I married with eu  girl in Cyprus  .after almost one years I come in germany and staying with my wife .now we dont have good relations. My marriage is more then 3years and in Germany now more then 2year's. So after divorce will I able to get permanent residency. For now I have 5years residency.
asked Oct 3 in Legal advice by Sadaqat siddique
Dear @Sadaqat siddique,

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugees Community.

In order to keep a better overview and avoid duplications, I will close the other thread you recently opened with the same content. I hope this is fine for you!

Do I understand your case correctly, that you are thinking about a divorce from your wife, who is an EU-citizen and you are more than 3 years married in total? Can you explain again since when exactly you live in Germany? And if you are asking for a permanent residence permit, you are probably interested to learn the requirements for the so-called “Niederlassungserlaubnis”?

Thanks for describing a few more details and get back to you soon!

All the best,


Please log in or register to answer this question.

2,551 questions
3,157 answers
132,033 users