Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello, my girlfriend come from Poland live and work in Germany here for 3 years and she became pregnant now the baby is 9 month but sense the baby is 7 month and jobcenter stop to pay  her and they tell her to go back to Poland or to go back to work but she lives alone with the baby so what can she do?I hope someone can help fast thanks
asked Sep 3, 2019 in Other Questions by Joe

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Joe,

Thank you for raising your question to the Wefugee Community!

I am not too familiar with the law on freedom of movement for EU-citizens, but as far as I know and according to this overview, if your girlfriend would work for a minimum of 5-6 hours per week, this might already be sufficient to get the additional social money from the jobcenter again. 

I would recommend her to apply for a Kitaplatz (daycare) already, which is anyway quite hard in Germany due to the shortage and long waiting lists. In the meantime she might manage to find somebody who is taking care of the child for a couple of hours per week.

However I can also recommend to seek some individual support in, for example, a counselling centre for migrants. I am sure there will also be one close to your place.

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Sep 6, 2019 by Meike
Thanks so much meike for your reply I really appreciate,I will try to talk to her about all what you told me....I have a small question please sense I born I give them whatever they need but till now they didn't say anything so what should I do now?
3,127 questions
3,899 answers
134,477 users