Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Aug 14, 2019 in Education by Gregor

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Gregor,

Thanks for your question to the Wefugee Community!

You could use a "Bildungsgutschein" to cover the costs (i.e. fees, travelling costs etc.) for a vocational training or further education measure. Institutions and courses must be recognized by the Argentur für Arbeit to get promoted though. 

In general, potential beneficiaries of a "Bildungsgutschein" need to show and convince the responsible staff (adviser) at the Argentur für Arbeit or Jobcenter that the participation in that training would either prevent you from getting unemployed, finish unemployment or enable you to catch up with an urgently needed degree/qualification.

Please find more information here or on the website of the Agentur für Arbeit itself.

I hope this helps and feel free to get back to us with any further questions!

All the best,


answered Aug 16, 2019 by Meike
3,843 questions
4,607 answers
136,113 users