Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hallo i am asylem seeker in germany and i lived with my partner german national since 3 year together.  But still we are not marraid.. Is there any law that i can apply for residance permit without marraige.. Some of my freind tell me if live 3 year together then i can apply for residance permit? Please help me
asked Jul 12 in Legal advice by uzma

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Uzma

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugee Community! 

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any law which refers to a residence permit based on a non-married relationship. But I also have to add that I am not a lawyer. This does not mean, that there can not be other requirements you might fulfill or meet in future, which could lead to an opportunity to apply for a residence permit. Maybe you can discuss your case with a legal counsellor. Let us know if you need some support in finding one. However, do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions! 

All the best, 


answered 3 days ago by Meike
2,422 questions
2,980 answers
131,695 users