I'm currently in my country in (The Gambia) but she wants me to be there when giving birth.  Please help. Is it possible to be by her side when giving birth to our baby?
asked Jul 4, 2019 in Other Questions by Bob | 466 views
Dear @Bob, Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugee Community! As a potential answer to your question might require more details, you maybe want to check an answer given to a similar question on this platform before: https://***.wefugees.de/800048/residence-permit-germany-because-mother-residence-permit. Otherwise, please feel free to get back to us if you want to elaborate your situation further. All the best, Meike

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear sir, Thanks for responding to my question at the earliest. I've seen the similar question you referred me to but mine kinda differ a bit.
Actually my wife hasn't delivered our baby yet but she will give birth in 2 months time by the grace of God. She's been schooling plus working and holds a 3 years residential permit and now wants me witness her deliver our baby.
Is it possible to have a visiting visa to be there by the time she delivers and return back home (The Gambia)? I'll consider applying for a resident permit may be late next year after completing my course back home.
answered Jul 5, 2019 by Bob
Dear @Bob, If you want to visit for up to 90 days, you would need to apply for a so-called Schengen-Visa at the German Embassy in Dakar. On this website you will find information on requirements etc.: https://dakar.diplo.de/sn-en/service/visa-einreise/-/1802310. I hope this helps. All the best for you and your wife! And please get back to us if any clarification is needed. Kind regards, Meike
Dear meike, Thanks for latest info which I will put into good use as soon as possible.
Just In case the 90/days visiting visa is not issued then what would you advise me as my next option?
Dear @Bob, Depending on certain requirements which need to be met (which residence permit is your wife holding etc.) you may be able to apply for a family reunification. But as this needs to be assessed from case to case, it might be useful if your wife seeks some legal advice in a counselling centre, for example. I hope this helps. All the best, Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,694 questions
5,604 answers
138,305 users