Dear wefugees,  please I was giving subsidiary Protection and grey passport for 10 years and we have a  daughter of two months old who has also been granted residence permit under the Para. §33 and also granted grey passport too and my girlfriend been the mother was granted deportation ban but we have taking it to the court but I wish to know if she's to get the deportation ban,
1) will she get the same grey passport as my daughter and I have without stress?

2) how many years of resident permit comes under §33 Aufenthg?

Please I will be grateful for your answer.
asked Jul 2, 2019 in Legal advice by Denny28 | 360 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Denny28

Thank you for sharing your questions with the Wefugee Community! 

In general, the Ausländerbehörde will ask your girlfriend to get a national passport from the Embassy of her country of origin. However, if she can prove that her attempts were unsuccessful or there are any other important reasons which would prevent her from applying for a national passport, the Ausländerbehörde might also issue her a "Reiseausweis" - the so-called grey passport. One requirement is, that she holds a valid residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis), which I guess will be the case, as she got a deportation ban. 

Regarding your second question: 

Your child has a residence permit according to §33 as it is born is Germany and, as I assume, as both parents hold a residence permit (it derives from their's). As far as I know, as long as both parents or the person, who holds the personal custody (who is the primary carer), have/has a valid "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" oder "Niederlassungserlaubnis", your child will also get extensions of it's residence permit. 

I hope this will help. Otherwise, do not hesitate to get back to us with further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Jul 5, 2019 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,122 questions
6,070 answers
139,099 users