Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am a student living in Germany. I am an EU citizen so my residency will not be affected but I am looking to get divorced from my husband. We were only together 1 year now, i am not working at all and haven't been earning money since October 2018. He works full time and studies part time. We are looking to get divorced in the next 2-3 months with the separation of one year clause agreed between us.
If I start working between july and the divorce will i have to pay for the divorce even though I am still studying? I am on a semester break for 3 months so it makes sense for me to work during this time.

Can he claim for the free half of the divorce since his income is not so high but also because he is studying? I know that I can but I'm not sure how that process works, I believe the divorce lawyer will do this on our behalf?
asked Jun 24, 2019 in Legal advice by Baconeta
Dear @Baconeta, Thanks for sharing your question with the Wefugee Community! Unfortunately, I am not familiar with conditions and regulations regarding a divorce. I hope that another community member is able to help. All the best, Meike

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3,849 questions
4,615 answers
136,132 users