Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi guys, my name is Kevin (23), I'm here in Germany for almost 3 years, a few days ago I got a decision or judgment of the administrative court now I have to get a deportation ban also. First question how long should the residence permit last? I have already read that the residence permit is granted for at least a year, but I have a friend who has got the same decision and his residence permit is valid for three years, we come from the same country (Venezuela). I know that I have a right to a Niederlassungserlaubnis, but only if I work? How long do I have to work? Can I also do an Ausbildung, and then apply for the Niederlassungserlaubnis.
asked Jun 2 in Legal advice by Kevinhvapetare

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear Kevin,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community! 

I have just seen that you raised the question a few days ago also in German (here the link: As you provided even more information with that post, you will find my comment there. I hope I can answer some of your points.

All the best,


answered Jun 14 by Meike
2,624 questions
3,247 answers
132,215 users