Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi, please from Nigeria, i am currently in Ukraine, things are very bad here, i am trying to travel to Germany from Ukraine to seek for aslyum. Please will my case be successful??
 I will like to travel to Germany with 15 days tourist schengen visa, so that immidiately i entered Germany i will seek for aslyum.

Please i need advice, or any other ways to legalize my stay in Germany within my 15 days valid visa????
asked Jan 25, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by Eigbbbb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Eigbbbb

Welcome to the Wefugees community. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

To answer your first question: You have the right to apply for asylum in Germany. 

If you haven't applied for asylum in any other EU-country, and if no other EU-country issued you a visa/ your fingerprints were taken, then the Dublin-III Regulations wouldn't apply to your case. 

Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to say if you will receive a positive decision on your case. However, once you applied, you can seek legal help from refugee support centers or a lawyer to understand what options you have. They are able to have a much closer look at your case than we are here. Here is a list:

If you are wondering how the asylum procedure works in Germany, have a look at this BAMF website (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees):

Please have a look at some threads from our platform where people have answered similar questions that can be helpful:

What are the steps to take in order to apply for asylum in Germany? 

My Schengen visa expired - Can I claim asylum in Germany?

How to apply for aslyum?

Regarding your second question: Other ways to stay in Germany legally are, for example, through taking part in a vocational training/ studying at a university/ taking up employment and applying for the fitting residence permit. Other than that, if you are married to a EU-citizen (German), you may live with your spouse. 

I hope this information helps. To find out more about residence permits or work visa, simply use the search bar on the right! There is a lot of helpful information on here :-)

Feel free to reach out to us again if you need any further assistance.

All the best,


answered Jan 28, 2019 by Isa
3,046 questions
3,803 answers
134,258 users