I have a UK girlfriend, she work here in Germany and I am asylum since January 2018. we had a baby together here in Germany April. we made 50/50 and all certificates for my son.  I take care of my son all time while she work and my son have UK passport like her also. but can I get my Aufenthaltserlaubnis?
asked Jan 9, 2019 in Legal advice by ERKHTS | 501 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Yaba,

Thank you for reaching out to us again!

I can see that you asked a very similar question before and can't add much more to Thorgen's reply (How can I get a residence permit for Germany if I have a child with a British woman?)

In order to apply for an Aufenthaltserlaubnis/ residence permit in Germany through your child, it would first of all have to have a residence title or German citizenship. You would also need the "Sorgerecht" (shared legal custody) of your child and the "Vaterschaftsanerkennung" (acknowledging paternity).

I assume that your girlfriend has a residence permit based on her job, so your child has one too. Therefore, if I'm not mistaken, you could still try and get a residence permit through your child. Please note that it's not guaranteed!

Also consider reaching out to a refugee support center, where you can share your story in detail. They will have tips where to go and how to apply (if possible), or share other options you have.

Here is a Berlin service website explaining how to apply: https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/305289/en/

And here are some support centers (please choose the region): https://***.proasyl.de/en/our-network/

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,


answered Jan 9, 2019 by Isa
thank you for the response.  and yes I have sorgerecht and Vaterschaftsanerkennung. my girlfriend live and work here with her England passport because she is European.  and we got our son same. so both of them live freely here and she work with her passport. will be glad if I can here from you again thanks
Dear @Yaba, Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for my late reply. I can't see how I can provide you with more information than I've already shared with you above! Did you have another question? Please have a closer looks at my previous answer. I explained above how you can apply and where you can reach out for more detailed support. All the best, Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,133 questions
6,110 answers
139,113 users