Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am an Egyptian female and in Egypt I am considered legally a Muslim, but in fact I am not (I was baptized and married to a Christian man, which is illegal in the Islamic law of Egypt) now I can't return (neither my husband) and we went to the UNCHR in another country and they dismissed me knowing that we will be killed and best case prisoned in case we returned to Egypt. If I went (without prior visa) to Germany and asked for protection at the airport do I have a chance??? It's my last chance
asked Jan 4 in Legal advice by Marydoyouknow
Dear @Marydoyouknow, Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your situation with us. I think it's best to provide you with some legal advice, so I will link our asylum law expert @Nilab here to have a look. In the meantime, here is some general information about asylum in Germany by the BAMF (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees): Kind regards, Isa

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Hi Marydoyouknow,

Yes, this is possible through the airport procedure. You will not need a visa then, but you will have to stay in a special section of the airport until the decision on your case has been made (this can be days or even weeks).

Caution: the airport procedure is only possible at the following airports: Berlin-Schönefeld, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt/Main, Hamburg and Munich.

Within two days from the point of application, you will be interviewed about your case. Whatever can prove your destiny will be helpful, so the marriage certificate and any certificates about your official religious status, material about the law or about the custom in Egypt will help you.

You can find more about the airport procedure on page 41 of this document:

This flyer also describes the general procedure of seeking asylum in Germany

answered Jan 9 by Pampel_Muse
selected Jan 9 by Marydoyouknow
Thank you for answering, I have my Egyptian national ID (passports no longer state religion), my baptism certificate and my marriage certificate. I can print out some articles as well of the situation in Egypt. What I am really worried about is being dismissed again just like the UNCHR did before even though they knew about honor crimes in Egypt and my situation in general.
2,469 questions
3,042 answers
131,815 users