Should  German refugee get Canadian PR if he eligible for it. Leave Germany before two years.
asked Dec 15, 2018 in Legal advice by Rkshah77 | 580 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Rkshah77,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your situation with us.

In order to answer your question, may I ask you - what is your exact legal status in Germany? Are you a recognized refugee or have you been granted asylum?

Here's a thread that explains what options you have as a (studying) refugee in Germany if you want to go to Canada: https://***.wefugees.de/801796/moving-to-canada-being-a-refugee-and-a-university-student?show=801796#q801796

If you wonder if you are eligible for the permanent residency in Canada, have a **** at this website from the Canadian government:


or the direct way to check your eligibility: https://***.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

There is also the Canadian refugee resettlement program: https://***.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada.html

However, note that you can only be referred by the UNHCR, "a designated referral organization, or a private sponsorship group" and as Nilab explained in her answer in the thread I sent you, 

"You are not eligible if:

  • you have another stable option for protection, such as an offer to be resettled in another country" (which applies if you are a recognized refugee in Germany)
I hope these sources help to answer parts of your question, please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance!
All the best,
answered Dec 17, 2018 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,695 questions
5,610 answers
138,309 users