Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I have been here for 2years and I met my girlfriend short after I arrived. We wanted to get married, but my Visa had expired at that time. We went to the  Ausländerbehörde and they told us I can't marry here and I need to go back. Can I go and seek for asylum, so we can get marry, she is a German citizen? Please I need your help is urgent. Thank you.
asked Nov 11, 2018 in Legal advice by Eddy07

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear @Eddy07, thank you for sharing your situation with us. As for your question: - since your visa expired you are not legally here in Germany - you have two options in order to get married: 1. try to get an extention of the visa( very hard), as it is already expired 2. seek asylum and while waituing you both can process your marriage documents and you would have legal papers to stay as long as the asylum is not decided upon. I hope we could address your questions, if you need further guidance please do not hesitate to contact the community. Best regards, Nilab
answered Nov 12, 2018 by Nilab
3,545 questions
4,289 answers
135,340 users