Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I had 3 years residence in Germany.. in the end of the third  year I left to Sweden without telling the German  authorities because of my mom health problems and other problems..

Can i come back and extend my residency in Germany after 1 year since i left?
asked Oct 12, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Amerbqking
edited Oct 12, 2018 by Amerbqking

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Dear @Amerbqking, in the usual case you cannot, only if you appeal the decision of declining the extention of your residency permit at the Veraltungsgericht Level. But it depends whether you were away for more than 6 months and there havent been a serious reason that could have let to the fact that you were not in the position to obtain the consent of the Ausländerbehörde prior to leaving Germany. There some ways, however for that it would be good to know whether your stay was less/ longer than 6 months and if the document is still valid. I hope I could help you, if you have further question please do not hesitate to contact us in the community. Best regards, Nilab
answered Oct 12, 2018 by Nilab
3,895 questions
4,665 answers
136,208 users