Hello Community,

Hope ur all doing good...

I need an advice regarding job hunting , currently im in passau- bayern , can i move to another state .i.e NRW , Düsseldorf if i can find a job ? If yes, should it be full time job or part time ?

Do i have to contact the rathouse regarding this matter ?

I havent recieved the Bamf response yet, and my ausweise will expire on Nov 7th , is it possible to move between states once a job is found ?

Thank u for your continues help

Warm regards,

asked Oct 9, 2018 in Legal advice by Hattem | 522 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Hattem

thanky ou for addressing your situation here in the community. 

The best way to move to another city is the job option. 

Whether it is Vollzeit or Teilzeit it depends whether with a Teilzeit contract you will be able to cover your living costs and should be a at least 15 hours per week contract (§ 12a Abs. 5 Satz 1 Nr. 1 AufenthG). 

As it seems that your case is still in process, the condition is that you have to be in Germany with a valid Aufenthaltsgestattung for at least 3 months, then you may move to another city. However, the Ausländerbehörde needs to agree to your move.  

For the Application it is important that you have a specific job offer and you can go before the Ausweis Expire Date comes around. 

I hope I could help you, if you have further questions please do not hesitate to share them with us here in the community. 

Best regards, 


answered Oct 10, 2018 by Nilab
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,628 questions
5,527 answers
138,163 users