Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
My fiancée live in another state in Germany we are working to bring our marriage paper from Syria how i can go to live with him till we bring our paper. We are married but for the German standesamt we have to prove that with a paper. Any help please?
asked Aug 15, 2018 in Home & Living by Ryan
are you recognized refugee or have a temporary protection or have a Duldung ?
i have residence permit for three years and i have the blue passport

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Ryan

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

We had a question about a similar case here on Wefugees in the past. Please check out the information provided in this thread:

In a nutshell, you have to stay in your current federal state for the first 3 years. If you want to move earlier, you either have to have a job in another federal state, start an apprenticeship or studying. The other way would be to wait for your certificate of marriage from Syria because spouses have a right to live together.

Best regards,


answered Aug 15, 2018 by Thor
Thank you for your answer. Do you have any idea about what other documents do i need when i bring my marriage certificate?
Unfortunately I don't. To avoid problems you can bring a folder of all your documents and give them what they need. They will tell you what documents are needed.
3,275 questions
4,054 answers
134,808 users