Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I am in love with my childhood friend who was a Muslim before. He is a transman who is seeking asylum in Australia now.  I am a single mother living with two of my school going children in Malaysia where my country doesnt allow marrying a muslim unless I convert to Islam. I am also not allowed to marry a transman if i lived in my country. Please advice.

asked Jul 28, 2018 in Legal advice by sharon patricia

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello sharon

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

In order to marry in Australia you need a valid visa. You will find extensive information about this topic following this link:

To me it seems to be one of the toughest regulations I've ever seen to obtain a visa. Your partner either needs to be an Australian citizen or to hold a permanent residence permit. I couldn't find out whether a residence permit issued for a refugee will be sufficient or not. Maybe you should get in contact with Australian officials to get valid information about this topic.

Also, using the calculator on the website above I found out that the total costs for the visa for you and your two children will be more than 10.000 Australian Dollars. It will be valid for 9 months. Afterwards you'll have to apply for a partner visa which will cost the same amount if you want to stay with your spouse in Australia.

I know that this sounds quite disencouraging, still I wish you all the best.

Best regards,


answered Aug 7, 2018 by Thor
3,893 questions
4,661 answers
136,205 users