Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi my wife escaped from Iran to Germany a few months ago. I am in north America not Germany. I am not sure if she came as a refugee or a valid visa. We are still married. Is there a way I can sue her? Can she remarry? What happens in either case of refugee or valid status?
asked Jul 18, 2018 in Legal advice by Alimjn

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Alimjn

You can't sue your wife just because she fled from Iran. As far as I can see, there is no legal ground on the basis of which you could sue her because she didn't commit a crime.

Apart from that, she can't marry again without divorcing from you first.

Regards, Thorgen

answered Jul 18, 2018 by Thor
Thanks a lot thor for the response. It doesn't show in any of her documents like passport that she's married. So if she gets married to someone else isn't it bigamy and I could sue her for that in Germany?
In accordance with StGB §172 bigamy is illegal in Germany. Source (German language):
3,348 questions
4,112 answers
134,932 users