Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
It was taken from him when he arrived in Germany from Greece through the relocation program. He was granted one-year protection and told that he will not get travel documents from Germany, so he has to apply for a passport at the Syrian embassy in Berlin with his Syrian ID.
asked Apr 28, 2018 in Legal advice by amandagc82

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @amandagc82

Welcome to our community and thank you for your question!

Since he has got subsidiary protection it shouldn't be a problem to get in touch with his home country's embassy in order to get a new passport. Only fully acknowledged refugees are not allowed to contact them because they would automatically lose their protection status.

Have you tried getting in contact with his competent Ausländerbehörde to ask them whether it's possible to get his passport back? It might be possible to get it back if they don't need it to process his case anymore.

Best regards,


answered Apr 30, 2018 by Thor
4,042 questions
4,804 answers
136,520 users