hallo sir ,my friend marraied  with his GF in romania, he not apply for documents in romania because his wife is working in germany and she can,t stay their because of job and child,s school,  she is german,,they both marraied in romania ,and now my friend want to come  in germany and apply for documents,he apply for asylum in 2014 in germany and was rejected and he leave germany in 2015,,my question is , possible with passport and marraige certifcate which he get from romania he can apply for visa ,if yes then what he should do i mean what is procedure,Thanks
asked Nov 29, 2017 in Legal advice by pk | 1,805 views
Hello Brother,.
I would like to suggest you ,don apply for Aufthenhalts titel,Because they Auslander behorder will send your document to Standsamt, where currently ur girlfriend is living,and to get marry in Romania she need to apply and get Ehefehigkeit Zeugnus,which is very difgicult to get after a long process.
And often Romanin and Bolgarin people do fraud with foreigner and they give us fake paper,so please first attest ur marrige document from Romania and have Apostale Stump.
Then u can go to Auslander behorder and can submit ur papers.
I hope my text will help you to understand.
O wish u good luck.
Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us :)
well thanks to give more information,he already has marraige certificate with Apostale  Stump,i am only worried about his last asylum which has in germany in past 2014,
Well thanks for nice information, I have one question it's possible any quick way to get permission letter for marriage from Germany or from German embassy because boy has visa only 20 days left and someone told him that for German woman it's long process to Get permission for marriage, thank-you for your help in advance,
Hello @pk - nice to hear from you again! May I ask who we are talking about right now? It's not about your friend that you mentioned in your initial question since he is already married to his girlfriend, right?
And what exactly do you mean with "permission letter for marriage"? You don't have to ask for permission to marry in Germany. You go to Standesamt (registry office) and tell them about your marriage plans. They will then check if you are eligible to marry or if there are any reasons for which you can't marry. It's true though that the procedure might take a while (e.g. if you have to provide translations of documents or if they need to be notarially certified first).
Well thank Thor for reply that my friend to whom I ask in my first question he get visa from Germany, this is one my other friend who have plan to marry with his German Gf, and she need Ehefehigkeit Zeugnus, for marry and for this they say they need 4 months, and boy don't have enough visa and he can't travel in Europe because on this visa he can travel to India and come back Greece,,
Who gave them the information that she needs an Ehefähigkeitszeugnis? Did they get in contact with Standesamt and ask them about the procedure? If not, I’d highly recommend to do so. Usually an Ehefähigkeitszeugnis is only required for spouses that hold a foreign passport (even if it’s a German that holds an additional passport). So: does his fiancé have two nationalities? If she is ‘only’ German she won’t need Ehefähigkeitszeugnis. In my opinion it’s more likely that he will need to provide such a document. However, to answer your initial question: There isn’t really a way to speed up bureaucratic procedures. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon that German authorities take a while to process cases. Best regards, Thorgen
She has on German passport, other documents like birth certificate and divorce certificate she has what else documents she need to get marry in Greece
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Greek marriage law. To find out the requirements for marriage in Greece I'd highly recommend to get in touch with the local City Hall and ask for detailed information. Maybe you can check out this website to get an overview of the procedure first: https://***.angloinfo.***/how-to/greece/family/marriage-partnerships/marriage-requirements

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello @pk and welcome to our community.

Your friend is married to a German citizen and therefore has a right to get a residence permit issued by German aliens department (Ausländerbehörde). A passport (or another proof of identity) and the marriage certificate should be sufficient, but they will tell him in detail what documents exactly he needs to provide. The residence permit enables him to travel visa free within EU and to stay/work in other EU countries as well.

Before that he needs to get to Germany. In order to do so he needs to apply for a visa at a German embassy or consulate. Your friend will have to provide a number of documents (passport, certificate of marriage) and generally has to prove that he has at least basic knowledge of the German language (A1 level). The German diplomatic representation will then get in touch with aliens department and ask them for their consent. If they come to the conclusion that there are no reasons to deny him a visa, the embassy or consulate will issue it for your friend.

His previous asylum application is subordinate in this case. The union of close relatives (like spouses) has a high value in German law and overweights the negative result on his case.

Best regards,
answered Nov 30, 2017 by Thor
Thanks for reply ,my friend has already A1 ,i hope he will get visa easy ,
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,323 questions
6,318 answers
139,328 users