Hello sir/madam,                                         I am sorry that, my English is not good. I need some information from you. I am an asylum seeker in Germany. And I don’t have any nationality. Because I am a state less. So I don’t have pessport any others country. My asylum application is not granted and I appeal it. My question is my girlfriend is a student in Germany. Her nationality is Bangladeshi. Now we want to marry here. Without passport can I marry her????

asked Nov 24, 2017 in Legal advice by Monir | 2,539 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Based on my personal experience, No.
Passport is your identity. Standesamt will require a birth certificate as well in addition to your passport.
answered Nov 27, 2017 by hoalzein
Hello, you told me if I take baby then I am safe. But my lawyer said that if you take baby it’s not consider for your asylum. Because your girlfriend is not a europian citizen. Now I am totally confuse. Which one is right!!!! Please tell me what can I do now.
Hello @Monir - it makes a difference whether you have a child with a European woman or a non-European. If you have a baby with a EU-citizen and you prove authorities that you want to take care of it, then you will be issued a residence permit (see here for example: https://***.wefugees.de/k/questions/2240). Having a baby with a non-EU citizen won’t grant you asylum automatically and it’s not going to be taken into consideration during your asylum procedure at BAMF. Your lawyer is right about that.
If a child is born in Germany, however, while at least one of the parents is still in the asylum procedure, then BAMF will start a separate asylum procedure for the newborn. Parents and children won’t be separated in this case. For example if the child receives a residence permit, while the parents get a negative result on their application, the parents will be allowed to stay in Germany and probably can apply for family reunion to get a residence permit. However, that would require to have a child before receiving a decision on your cases by BAMF. Best regards, Thorgen
Hello sir, I want to know more information. Please help me. My asylum is reject. Now I am on appeal. I told you that my girlfriend is a student here and she not a EU citizen. Now my question is if I take a baby will it helpful for stay here?? Thanks
Hello @Monir - nice to hear from you again. Please read carefully what I wrote in my two comments above: the ruling outlined there still applies. Best regards, Thorgen
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,292 questions
6,289 answers
139,283 users