Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello ,
I want to ask about cohabitation contract for couple. Is it possible to do cohabitation contract with my girlfriend in Germany  but off course I am not European. How to do this in Germany?
asked Jul 2, 2017 in Legal advice by Kikia

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Hello @Kikia,

in Germany you don't need a cohabitation contract if you want to live with your girlfriend.
But you can do that, it's called 'Partnerschaftsvertrag' (English translation: partnership agreement'). You don't necessarily need a notary or a lawyer, but I would recommend to look for a legal advice. The partnership agreement is a mostly private document, it has to be considered that a few issues can't be settled in this contract.
I added a sample document as an example (German language). Detailed information in German:

Kind regards
answered Jul 3, 2017 by Jan
3,781 questions
4,521 answers
135,939 users