Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
i'm a medical student from Algeria and i'm looking forward to finishing my studies ( college ) in Germany, i really need your help, please.
asked Dec 29, 2016 in Education by Neiloula
Tell us as exactly as possible what kind of help you need. So community members can think much better about how to give you some support.
well, i want to know more about medical colleges there and what does it require for a foreign student like me ? Are there any medical colloeges in Germany that teach in English ? if the the answer is yes, how much will it cost me per year ? and how's life in Germany ? thank you in advance :)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+6 votes
Hello Neiloula and welcome to wefugees,

In general Germany is not the leading country in Europe when it comes to university education in foreign languages, especially in English.
The Scandinavian Countries and the Netherlands are leading in this area.
Nonetheless, there are already a couple of study courses which are conducted in English.
And with the rising number of well-educated refugees I guess this number will rise in the next years.
You can search for all international university courses and the required fees on the page of the DAAD:[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list, where Jan found the special article about medicine seems to be a website with lots of info for you.

Concerning your more general question about living in Germany:
Compared to the rest of Europe, costs for living are slightly above average.
But costs for rents vary a lot depending on the city you live in.

As soon as you receive the status of a recognized refugee you can apply for BaföG, which is financial support for student cost of living from the state.
answered Dec 30, 2016 by Danny
+5 votes
Hello @Neiloula,

the German Rectors' Conferenc information system offers special informations in English:
I did a brief retrieval based your informations, see my results here: The results deliver links with further informations.

Basic informations about studying medicine in Germany provided by '':

Kind regards
answered Dec 30, 2016 by Jan
0 votes
Hi @Neioula,

It's a super rushed comment, but here's a link to very useful resource.

Here you can look up what kind of course you you want to take, where and when you want to start in the year (plus many other cryteria).
Here in English

Life for students in Germany is quite good, and public universities are usually almost free. Depending on your legal status and where you come from there are often also some grants that are accessible for student. The quality of the teaching in these uni can get to the highest standards.

Wishes for a good holiday season to all of you =)
answered Dec 30, 2016 by Paolo
–1 vote
Dear @neiloula,

I want to explain Kiron, where I work so you can decide if it would be an option you might be interested in. We do not offer medicine as a study track, but we do have language services for English, German, and French.

Kiron is a non-profit organization that helps refugees all over the world gain access to higher education. We work with existing open online courses such as Coursera, Edx, Saylor Academy, and Udacity to provide you with the opportunity to start your Bachelor’s degree from anywhere, but we are not an official university. We are based in four focus countries: Germany, France, Jordan and Turkey.

The Kiron study phase is divided into online and offline studies, a blended learning approach. There are 4 departments: Business, Engineering, Computer Science and Social Sciences, and 5 study tracks: Business and Economics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Political Science and Social Work. The first 1-2 years of your studies are online courses that you can access on the Kiron Campus platform; there is no 2 year limit, you can take as long as you need. After you complete your Credit Points (CP) with Kiron, we will help you transfer into one of our partner universities so that you can complete the remaining credits for your Bachelors degree there, in an offline setting. Throughout the time that you are completing Kiron courses, you also have to focus on learning English & the language of the partner university where you want to transfer to. German level B2 (or even C1, depending on the university) for example will be required to enter a partner university in Germany.

To apply at a partner university you will have to fulfill certain language requirements, provide high school diplomas, other documents and complete certain exams. Some universities ask for further entry qualifications, and certain scholarships are dependent upon the university and its location. Once you have been accepted at a partner university, the credits from your online courses (CP) will be analyzed and the partner university will try to figure out how many credits (ECTS) can be successfully recognized and added towards your Bachelor degree.

Check out this website for more information:

Kind regards,

Help Desk team at Kiron
answered Jan 5, 2017 by Kiron-HelpDesk
3,051 questions
3,814 answers
134,283 users